torsdag 30 oktober 2014

Have a bite: the Rainbow Logo

Ever wondered why it was - or is said to have been - an apple which fruited Isaac Newton with some ideas.

Or why Apple wanted to be an apple? The Evolution and History of the Apple Logo will give you some hints.

What I did not remember is the Rainbow Logo from 1976 to 1998.

Rob Janoffs Rainbow Logo
"As for the rainbow stripes of the logo, Steve Jobs is rumored to have insisted on using a colorful logo as a means to 'humanize' the company. Janoff has said that there was no rhyme or reason behind the placement of the colors themselves, noting that he wanted to have green at the top 'because that’s where the leaf was.'
The relatively simple origins of the rainbow colored Apple logo hasn’t stopped some from reading a bit too much into what it represents."

The present Chief executive officer of Apple, Tim Cook, who joined Apple in March 1998 (the year when Apple replaced the Rainbow Logo) has now spoken out in Bloomberg Businessweek:

"While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven’t publicly acknowledged it either, until now. So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."

From logo to logic step. Cheers, a tasty apple.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar